National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) in Warsaw invites applications for a 3-year PhD project in reactor physics. The admission interview is scheduled on 8-9 June 2020 and then followed by an exam later.
- Competition opens on: 21 April 2020 – 09:00
- Application submission deadline: 5 June 2020 (All day)
- Location: Otwock-Świerk, Poland
Description: The successful applicants will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Physics and Chemistry at the National Centre for Nuclear Research, for a period of three years, starting in October 2020. The scholarship will be funded within the framework of the project “New reactor concepts and safety analyses for the Polish Nuclear Energy Program” POWR.03.02.00-00.I005/17. The project is devoted to the research in the new high temperature reactor technologies: HTGR – High Temperature Gas Cooled Reactor and DFR – Dual Fluid Reactor, which were indicated in the report of the Polish Ministry of Energy Committee for Deployment of High Temperature Reactors. The studies cover all the aspects of these Generation IV reactors such as the design, the neutronics and reactor physics, the heat processes as well as the safety analyses. Candidates with both science and engineering undergraduate degrees are welcome to apply though a very strong educational background is expected from the candidates. Preference will be given to the candidates with previous experience in high temperature reactors. The full information on the project and on the admission criteria are announced on the webpage of the project: http://www.phd4gen.pl/program-regulations/ and of the NCBJ Graduate School: http://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/exam/. For more details about the possible research subjects please contact prof. Mariusz Dąbrowski (Mariusz.Dabrowski@ncbj.gov.pl) and Dr. Karol Kowal (Karol.Kowal@ncbj.gov.pl).
- MSc degree in science or engineering,
- Curriculum Vitae including the following formal consent: “I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment“.
- a short summary of research interests up to two pages,
- the transcript of BSc and MSc courses grades,
- if applicable: list of publications, record of received training courses, internships, scholarships, participation in scientific conferences, received awards etc.,
- a copy of the MSc degree diploma (or of the BSc diploma, if the MSc degree has not been obtained yet).
Conditions: Successful candidates are offered the integrated scholarship of 4100 PLN per month the period of 3 years. An extension for another year is possible on a separate project budget.
Application deadline: 05.06.2020 r.
Application procedure: Candidates should apply for the project by submitting all the required documents to the addresses: Mariusz.Dabrowski@ncbj.gov.pl and Karol.Kowal@ncbj.gov.pl. They should also preliminary select of the topics for PhD from the list on http://www.phd4gen.pl/phd-topics/. Besides, each candidate should arrange a confidential letter of recommendation to be sent directly to Prof. Mariusz Dąbrowski. Successful candidates, after being admitted to the project, then should register through the registration system of the Graduate School at NCBJ (http://gradschool.ncbj.gov.pl/) for an exam.
- Interviews dates: 8-9.06.2020
- The results of interviews: 10.06.2020 r.
- Start of the program: 01.10.2020 r.